I love a good chocolate chip cookie, and if you haven’t tried my recipe for The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie you need to make them soon. So today, I used the same recipe as my chocolate chip cookies, but I just made some minor changes to make these super soft, chewy Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- additional chocolate chips, for topping
PRE-STEP: Preheat oven to 370F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
STEP 1: Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a medium size bowl. Set aside.
STEP 2: In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer, cream together the margarine, granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, and vanilla extract until combined.
STEP 3: Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
STEP 4: Add flour mixture and mix until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
STEP 5: Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips until combined.
STEP 6: Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons each and place onto prepared baking sheet.
STEP 7: Bake for 10 minutes or cookies start to crack on top.
STEP 8: Immediately after taking cookies out of the oven, place additional chocolate chips on top of cookies, and let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack.
* Freezing the cookie dough: Roll the dough into balls and place them in an airtight container. You can freeze the cookie dough for up to 2 months. Once your ready to bake them, place frozen cookie dough balls onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes.
* Storing the cookies: Cookies will stay fresh for up to 7 days in an airtight container, stored at room temperature.
Full Recipes >> deliciouslysprinkled.com